Living Kitchen, Burton
About This Project
"Excellent service. Stuart took the time to understand our needs and came back with proposals that were creative and practical." Andy Shaw, Branston, Burton. 1st September 2015
A bit of background...
- The layout of this bungalow was messy, having been extended and altered at various times and creating an awkward arrangement of little rooms which did not work.
- As the property had a great garden, my client did not want to move house and was keen to make the house work with alterations and an extension.
- They had some good ideas and wanted to get them fully investigated by a relevant expert, but still be in control of the design.
During the process...
- To make sure they were not missing anything, I created two 3D virtual model designs.
- The focus was on how to celebrate the garden views and how to get flow of the house working better for them.
- We looked at different sized living kitchens, furniture layouts and roof forms.
- In one design we removed a wall to create a fully open living kitchen however, the client preferred the design which kept the wall in to make it a semi open-plan space.
- The client asked for quotes from builders using the drawings. They selected one and the build was completed.
- They are very happy with the space created; kitchen, dining and watching tv all in one large, yet defined space.